Our client is seeking an experienced General Manager for their Austin office to oversee the development and implementation of the division’s overall business objectives, policies, and strategic plans.
Essential duties include:
- In conjunction with senior management, develops and implements procedures, and establishes performance objectives for the division.
- Ensures that all operations/projects are carried out in a timely, financially sound manner, consistent with the company’s goals and quality standards.
- Responsible for day-to-day fiscal management to ensure compliance with budgeted revenue and operating income goals.
- Analyzes monthly financial performance indicators and makes the necessary adjustments to ensure profitability of the division.
- Directs the development and preparation of the division’s annual business plan and budgeting process, monitors progress against expected business objectives throughout the year.
- Must be proficient at anticipating and resolving internal and external resource challenges encountered in product delivery to meet customer demands and quality standards.
- Reviews and contributes to decisions on advertising, marketing, pricing and all other issues related to sales and marketing.
- Provides direction to local marketing agency in regard to marketing and intranet and traditional advertising initiatives.
- Directs market penetration and sales growth of the division, including new business development activities.
- Identify, analyze and recommend strategic alliances to generate increased customer satisfaction, sales and financial growth.
- Provides management oversight to the construction department staff regarding the tactical operating needs in support of the goals to maximize construction quality and provide excellent customer service.
- Provides direction for the recruitment, selection, orientation, development, and retention of a high caliber staff; ensures that well qualified individuals are hired and properly trained to carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsibilities include training and engaging employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong understanding of B to C sales/marketing concepts and techniques is required.
- Experience in localized business development and managing a sales team is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge/capabilities in the areas of financial analysis, human resource and business administration, legal and ethical practices, marketing, business development and sales.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong financial acumen and knowledge to evaluate P&Ls and quickly identify areas of concern.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and executive communication/presentation skills.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective member of and lead the most complex teams.
- Ability to effectively use standard office applications software.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. MBA a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years progressively responsible business experience, including full P&L responsibility and overall management of an operating business unit.
Job Category: Construction
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Texas