Our client, based in Huntsville, Alabama, is looking to employ a full-time experienced Cloud Network Engineer.
- Responsible for the implementation, governance, configuration, maintenance, and support of the cloud initiative.
- Accountable for the administration, monitoring, documentation, security, and integration of the company’s corporate cloud network with related services.
- Responsible for the end-to-end ownership of the company’s cloud infrastructure.
- Performs oversight and migration support to business units of cloud computing services.
- Evaluates and works with system engineers and administrators to acquire new technologies, equipment and systems; manages disaster recovery plans for data, circuits and firewall infrastructure.
- Installs and maintains cloud-based applications, systems, or associated infrastructures.
- Responsible for administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Internet Service Provider (ISP) circuits and third-party interfaces associated with the cloud infrastructure.
- Stays abreast of AWS and Azure cloud services and offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the end-to-end ownership of the company’s cloud infrastructure; taking responsibility for the design/architecture, definition and oversight of standards, security, deployment, budgeting, and operations.
- Work closely with the Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Server Administrators, Information Security team, and Business Owners to evaluate and implement cloud readiness for systems.
- Deploys and oversees implementation and integration of cloud-based applications with the company’s existing network and applications, ensuring that appropriate information security standards are met.
- Analyzes and defines business requirements to determine specifications and standards; proposes and develops cloud solutions.
- Responsible for administering cloud network connectivity configurations, in accordance with security guidelines, monitors system uptime and performance, troubleshooting and resolving errors.
- Responsible for the design, configuration, and testing of the cloud networking topology, monitoring and administration software, and associated operating system.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives in accordance with best practices.
- Works closely with the Network Engineer and Network Administrator to design, install and maintain cloud network architecture.
- Performs cloud network administration, analysis, and planning, to include VLANS, network appliances, routers, and switches.
- Work closely with the Server Administrators and Business Owners to evaluate and implement cloud readiness solutions for company’s systems.
- Works closely with the Information Security team to install security patches and firmware to ensure proper security measures are in place; makes recommendation for improvement to further protect the company’s infrastructure.
- Serves as a lead on cloud and firewall infrastructure projects, including company’s expansion into new markets.
- Provides oversight and migration support to business units of cloud computing services following business and technical requirements.
- Responsible for executing and documenting cloud configurations and guidelines to assist Business Owners with cloud implementation and migration.
- Assist Business Owners with cloud-based systems to implement, enhance, optimize, and maintain cloud computing capabilities.
- Troubleshoots, identifies and isolates causes of system problems and failures and determines timely solutions; works with users and other technology staff to correct problems and document solutions.
- Consult with engineers, administrators, and third-party vendors to design and implement cohesive cloud architectures that sufficiently mitigate risk to the company, applying security principles and best practices that meet business objectives.
- Monitors performance of firewalls and network configurations associated with cloud solutions; analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves network related issues; performing detailed network traffic and packet capture analysis.
- Ensure the cloud network infrastructure are protected from potential malware and viruses, identifying and making recommendation of areas where security can be improved, keeping up to date on ever-changing cyber-threats.
- Develops, designs, implements, and maintains the cloud network infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and security for the company.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves network problems and application access issues related to cloud services.
- Stays informed of emerging cloud technologies and evaluates their value to the organization’s operations, making recommendations as needed to help the organization properly implement and support cloud-base solutions.
- Training new staff on cloud network and security related procedures and ensure that new staff are aware of company communication policies.
- Utilizes change management, request, and ticketing systems, documents status updates and problem resolutions.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional associations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science
- Microsoft Cloud certification
- +5 years’ experience in a cloud engineer role or related position
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alabama