Our client is seeking a Texas licensed Professional Engineer who is interested in joining their growing team. This individual should have a specialization in Business Development and Project Management within the Transportation Market.
Typical tasks include: Project administration, scheduling and coordination. Interaction with clients and subconsultants. Utilize staff to develop plans, details and Opinions of Probable Costs. Mentor and train staff. Exhibiting a keen interest in a high standard of quality and accuracy. Visiting construction sites to observe progress and conformance to plans and specifications. Client relationship management. Collaborate with the company’s Marketing Department to improve existing marketing materials to present to potential clients. Adjust priorities when appropriate and perform other duties assigned to meet transportation team’s goals. Be a trusted advisor for clients in resolving issues that arise. Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the company’s ambitious growth targets. Develop and maintain relationships with target prospects. Assist the marketing team to develop proposals and respond to RFPs. Civic involvement on local, regional and state, transportation focused boards and commissions is preferred. Develop and mentor upcoming professionals. Exhibiting a keen interest in a high standard of quality and accuracy.
- Strong work-ethic with a servant-leadership mentality
- Ability to apply technical skills to routine projects with excellence.
- Ability to organize teams, communicate well and delegate tasks for the betterment of the team.
- Desire to learn new things and diligence to execute into practice.
- Takes pride in and ownership of team’s work.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Possess the ability to build positive relationships with Clients (DOT, MPO, Transportation Authority, Municipal, County) subconsultants, general public, and co-workers at all levels.
- Must have excellent command of the English language, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
- Ability to interact with Clients (DOT, MPO, Transportation Authority, Municipal, County) and subconsultants
- Ability to manage and mentor team
- Assists with the QA/QC process within the transportation sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- Passed the Professional Engineer exam and can provide a PE #
- Knowledge of roadway design software such as Microstation, Geopak or OpenRoads
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management Software systems
- 15+ years of previous transportation experience is required
- Previous employment with TxDOT preferred but not required